After a while Sopcast has released a new update again. Every month an update it seems like. Check it out and report issues or just tell us how good it is on our forum. Feedback is always appreciated, so we can forward it to Sopcast!
Apr 30, 08 release 3.0.3
* Improve the data transfering performance
* Fixed a bug in data transfering layer
* Fixed a bug in lauching external player
* Add a FAQ tab in client
* Fixed some other minor bugs
Features of SopCast :
- State-of-the-art P2P technology. Share the data among all viewers, make the channel more available and stable.
- Minimal delay in the P2P streaming market.
- Fast buffering. 10-30seconds.
- Firewall and NAT traversal technology to pass 90% P2P barriers.
- Build your own channels and broadcast it over the Internet.
- Streaming real time streams. Support for many streaming transport protocol. mms, http, etc.
- Streaming media files. Many file types: asf, wmv, rm, rmvb, mp3, etc.
- Support for loop file playing.
- Extremely low memory footprint and CPU load
- Standard channel URL: click on any sop:// URL to play.
- Real time monitor of broadcasting source quality and network quality to help viewers to select a appropriate channel.
- Record the clips when you are watching it.
Can play the stream with your favorite player, such as Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, VLC, etc.
- Memory buffering, no harm to the hard disk.
- Support for authentication for both the broadcasters and the viewers. The broadcaster has full control on his channels.
- End-to-End security, encrypted messages, hi level P2P security, no hijack.
- Support multiple channels broadcast on the same server. Normally, you can run 5-10 channels on one PC.
- The Sop Player can be embedded into a webpage or any software applications. It works just like Windows Media Player.
- The Sop Server and Sop Player can be run both on Windows and Linux. The whole system can be ported to embedded Linux.
- Freeware, ad/spyware free!